UKDBA Level 2 Coaching Course (Crewe)
May 14 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm| £100
This course offers an insight into Dodgeball for aspiring coaches in the sport, developing their knowledge and understanding of how to coach Dodgeball to a variety of ages, whether it is a local community group, or to a school team.
Minimum Age: 16
Course Duration: 8 hours
Recommended prior to the course:
1. Completed a child protection Safeguarding workshop
2. Completed a basic first aid course
3. Completed an equity in your coaching course
Qualification Aims & Objectives
To build on your previous coaching experience, developing the skills to prepare, deliver and review coaching sessions for Dodgeball. Expanding on your knowledge of the sport, and creating innovative ways to deliver Dodgeball to players of all ages on your own.
This course offers deeper understanding of Dodgeball for aspiring coaches in the sport, developing their knowledge and understanding of how to coach Dodgeball to a variety of ages, whether it is a local community group, or to a school team. Upon completion of the course candidates should be able to:
1. Establish a safe working environment
2. Develop positive relationships with participants
3. Understand Dodgeball and how it is delivered
4. Produce session plans to develop participants’ performance
5. Deliver activities using a games-based approach
6. Develop understanding of tactics
7. Conclude and review activities
8. Adapt activities
9. Evaluate and conclude sessions
10. Plan to meet the needs of the participants
11. Support participants needs and behaviour
The UKDBA Level 2 consists of 5 parts, 4 modules and an assessment. Candidates are assessed throughout and all areas must be passed in order to successfully complete the qualification.
Module 1: Safety, rules, officiating and the principles of Dodgeball
Module 2: Coaching skills through conditioned games, setting objectives, creating and reviewing practice
Module 3: Planning sessions using progressions and differentiation
Module 4: Advanced tactics techniques and use of questioning
Assessment: Delivery of self-prepared plan
TERMS AND CONDITIONS/CANCELLATION.
1.The individual has satisfied all the necessary criteria required by the UKDBA.
2.Relevant medical information including any injury must be provided.
3.I understand that minimum numbers are required to run each Course. In the event of the Courses being cancelled the UKDBA will notify me by email.
4.I understand that the Course is subject to cancellation or alteration in the event of unsuitable weather conditions or other factors which may arise that are beyond the provider’s control.
5.I authorise the provider to use for publicity and advertising purposes, photographs of participants taken at the Course.
6.A handling charge of £10 will be made in the event of a Cancellation made less than 7 days before the course date.