Volunteers play a very important role in sport and without them Dodgeball would not survive and develop in this country. You don’t have to be a Dodgeball expert to get involved. Whether you are a player, or someone who has never picked up a ball, you can be a valued volunteer, be a part of the team and make a difference. It is very simple and easy to get involved and it doesn’t matter whatever skills and experience you have, there is something fun that you can do!
The opportunities to get involved are many and varied. There could be opportunities in your local club or league, or through organising Dodgeball where you work or study.
Volunteering can be a great way to meet new people, learn new skills and gain valuable experience. Most of all it’s going to be fun! Have a look at some of the benefits:
• Learning and developing new skills such as leadership, communication and teamwork
• Building self-esteem and confidence
• Getting great work experience and boosting your CV
• Being active and improving your health and well-being
• Meeting new people and broadening your social network
• Making a difference and putting something back into the community in which you live, work or study.
• Having fun!
At the UKDBA, we support our volunteers and we also provide the means for you to gain additional qualifications in our sport, such as coaching and refereeing workshops.